Topical reports, links to research papers and news of home health developments:
Home and Community Support Sector Standard
Link to the Ministry of Health Auditing Requirements Document which outlines the requirements for conformity assessment bodies (CABs) that are auditing and certifying providers of home and community support services (HCSS) against the Home and Community Support Sector Standard (NZS 8158:2012). It is also useful for providers as it shows the auditing process and requirements.
Caring Counts (EEO, 2012)
Home-based Support services for older people (OAG, 2011)
2011 Performance audit report by the Office of the Controller and Auditor-General, discussing how effectively the Ministry of Health and District health Boards are ensuring that, where appropriate, older people get the care and support they need to remain living independently at home.
Making the Most of Home Support Services (NZHHA 2011)
Making the Most of Home Support Services (NZHHA 2011) provides information on the home health sector, sets out NZHHA's position, and makes recommendations to support a sustainable and effective service.
Research and development
- Care and support in the community for older people (Ministry of Health issues paper 2007)
- ASPIRE Report (an evalution of three significant ageing in place programmes)
- Quality and safety project (Ministry of Health)
- Meeting the Challenge: Enhancing Sustainability and the Patient and Consumer Experience within the Current Legislative Framework for Health and Disability Services in New Zealand, Report of the Ministerial Review Group, is also known as The Horn Report.
Download the Horn Report.
- Care and Support in the Community Setting (Health Workforce Advisory Committee 2006)
This paper covers workforce issues which continue to present a challenge to the sector
- Ministry of Health
Free phone number 0800 FLULINE (0800 611 116)
The Ministry has a number of other regularly updated resources, Search for "pandemic planning" at www.moh.govt.nz.
- Ministry of Economic Development
The Ministry has produced a useful information kit which will be regularly updated. Use this link to keep up to date with pandemic planning: www.med.govt.nz/irdev/econ_dev/pandemic-planning/infrastructure/index.html.
- State Services Guidelines
In mid-April the Pandemic Planning guidelines for the State Services were finalised and are available here: www.ssc.govt.nz/pandemic-planning-guidelines.
Older People and DHB Issues
- A Sustainable, Cost Effective Model for Older Persons' Home Based Health and Disability Services. NZHHA 2008. Multiple and inconsistent purchasing arrangements between funders results in poor use of public resources. The NZHHA seeks greater consistency between all funders, including DHBs. Read the paper.
|Operational Impact assessment 4 9 12.pdf||630.63 KB|